The much anticipated, Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting has been updated by the Office of Postsecondary Education. The new and improved, handbook is the first update in years and includes updated guidance for reporting and compliance with the Clery Act including the amendments made by the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act known as VAWA. The changes in the updated handbook include specifically requirements related to
- Disclosure of statistics of the number of dating violence domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking incidents;
- Disclosure of statistics of new categories of Hate Crimes;
- Implementation by institutions and disclosure of programs to prevent sexual assault and stalking;
- Disclosure of procedures victims should follow if a crime of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking has occurred; and
- Implementation by institutions and disclosure of procedures for institutional disciplinary action in cases of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
All institutions with a signed Program Participation Agreement with the U.S. Department of Education to administer Title IV financial assistance programs are required to comply with the Higher Education Act. http://bit.ly/29fAXpS