Beginning September 1, 2016 institutions engaged in a Tier One or Tier Two arrangement as defined in the October 30, 2015 Program Integrity and Improvement Regulations must post those Contracts in full on the institutions website and provide the URL for the contracts to the Department of Education. Continue reading Upcoming Implementation of Cash Management Regulations
Last Week, Federal Student Aid launched the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Feedback System, a new online portal that allows students, parents, borrowers, and others to submit complaints (and compliments – yeah right), as well as report allegations of suspicious activity related to their experience with federal student aid programs and receive timely, meaningful resolution to their issues.
FSA Customers can submit feedback about:
- applying for and receiving federal loans, grants, and work study;
- experiences with federal loan servicers, collections agencies, and the U.S. Department of Education; and
- schools’ administration of federal student aid programs, including possible misrepresentation of facts about a school or its recruitment and marketing practices.
FSA said in their announcement that they intend to use information provided through the system to improve the delivery and oversight of federal financial aid programs. That means two things for institutions:
- They’re going to use this info to launch investigations, probes and even program reviews;
- They’re going to publish this data in the spirit of consumer information.
This year, they will publish an interim report that will include aggregate data about the complaints they received in October, and a more detailed report in subsequent years beginning in 2017. Let’s get those compliments flowing!
Read all about FSA Feedback System Here: http://bit.ly/29eEqDM
The U.S. Department of Education has created a fact sheet on StudentAid.gov titled “Federal Student Aid and Homeless Youth”. Colleges can make this fact sheet available to students who understand the information they need to apply for Federal student aid. http://bit.ly/29goCQc