Federal Student Aid just announced that the Department of Homeland Security’s SAVE system instructions for school users have been released. Version 2.0 of the instruction guide replaces version 1.0 which was released in May 2018 and includes updates and changes through September 4, 2018.
According to the recent electronic announcement from FSA, Version 2.0 addresses system processes and procedures for:
- How to resolve a “No cases found” error message;
- What action is necessary for each of the five SAVE response messages;
- How to proceed if a SAVE response is not received within 15 business days of submission;
- How and when to resolve a “closed case” and request a new DHS verification number;
- How to check the Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) DHS Match Flags for a confirmed eligible noncitizen status after FSA’s Application Processing Division has resent a DHS verification number to SAVE;
- How to enter “Cuban/Haitian Entrant review requested” in the SAVE “Special comments” box;
- How to determine whether unusual immigration statuses are eligible for Title IV Aid, and;
- How to find help for SAVE system issues.