ICYMI – NOVEMBER SYSTEM OUTAGES
Throughout the first few weeks of November, there will be several planned outages impacting the availability of Federal Student Aid Systems. During these outages, government systems will be unavailable which could impact students applying for aid as well as schools’ ability to award, disburse and draw down title iv funds.
FSA ID SYSTEM OUTAGE – November 3-4, 2018
From 11 p.m. Eastern time (ET) on Saturday, November 3, 2018, until 11 a.m. ET on Sunday, November 4, 2018, users will be unable to access functionality that requires an FSA ID on the websites and systems listed below. Users attempting to access an impacted website or system during this outage period will receive an error message informing them that the page cannot be found or that the site is unavailable due to maintenance.
- Borrower Defense to Loan Repayment (customers may submit applications at StudentAid.gov/borrower-defense during the outage but will be unable to sign in with an FSA ID)
- gov (users of the myStudentAid mobile app will also be unable to sign in with an FSA ID)
- Federal Student Aid Feedback System (customers may submit feedback directly at feedback.studentaid.ed.gov during the outage but will be unable to sign in with an FSA ID)
- FSA ID
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) Student Access
- gov My Federal Student Aid functionality
- gov, including the Teacher Cancellation Low Income (TCLI) Directory (until Noon ET on Sunday, November 4, 2018)
G5 SYSTEM OUTAGE – November 10-19, 2018
All day Saturday, November 10, 2018 through 6 a.m. Eastern time (ET) on Monday, November 19, 2018, the G5 website will not be available. Schools will not be able to draw down or return funds during this period for the following Title IV Programs:
- Campus-Based Programs
- Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant)
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant (TEACH Grant)
- William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan)
COD SYSTEM OUTAGE – November 10 – 19, 2018
All day Saturday, November 10, 2018 through 6 a.m. ET on Monday, November 19, 2018, the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System will accept Pell Grant, Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, TEACH Grant, and Direct Loan records. However, after 10 a.m. ET on Friday, November 9, 2018, Current Funding Level (CFL) changes (as a result of actual disbursements) and funding will not be processed by G5 until November 19, 2018.
All actual disbursements with a disbursement date from November 10th through November 16th must be received, and subsequently accepted, by the COD System no later than 10 a.m. ET on Friday, November 9, 2018, in order to generate the appropriate funding level increase prior to the outage. Disbursements submitted by the deadline but not subsequently accepted, disbursements submitted after the deadline, and disbursements with a disbursement date after November 16th will be processed and funded after G5 re-opens.
Note: Generally, schools that submit records by the 10 a.m. ET deadline on November 9th will be able to draw those funds after 2 p.m. ET on Friday, November 9th.
IRS DRT SYSTEM OUTAGE – November 11-12, 2018
The IRS DRT will be unavailable on Sunday, November 11, 2018 and Monday, November 12, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET each day as the IRS completes critical system upgrades. During these outage periods, actions can be completed on fafsa.gov, using the myStudentAid mobile app, and on StudentLoans.gov. However, if an action requires entry of federal tax information, the tax information will need to be provided manually. Applicants may wish to complete the application after the outage is over.
In the event the IRS is unable to complete its upgrades during the outage periods described above, an additional outage will be scheduled for the weekend of November 17-18, 2018. Monitor the Information for Financial Aid Professionals (IFAP) website for an Electronic Announcement that will provide details about this additional IRS DRT outage, if needed.