It’s time to review your school’s TG numbers again. Mark your calendars for December 14, this year’s TG deadline.
Every year, each school must review the services associated with each of its SAIG mailboxes (i.e. Destination Points and TG numbers) and Electronic Services accounts (it’s a two-step process) and validate that each user is still active and requires access. If not, their access should be adjusted or removed as needed. This annual process has come to be known as “Active Confirmation of TG numbers”. During the review process school administrators should be sure to remove access to any services or systems that a staff member no longer needs, for example when someone changes jobs and no longer needs access. School administrators must also be sure to delete any people who are no longer employed by the school from their list.
As in previous years, the Department of Education has announced that in an ongoing effort to ensure the security of Federal Student Aid’s data systems, they are continuing a process by which every school that is enrolled in the Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG) must review and validate its assigned TG numbers. After conducting the review, you will be required to provide active confirmation that all your staff members with TG numbers still need that access. This review and validation must be completed by December 14, 2018. Failure to complete this process may result in the loss of access to the Federal Student Aid data systems, including your ability to access NSLDS, COD CPS and even receive ISIR data.
To properly validate any TG numbers and FAA Access accounts associated with your institution, you must follow these steps:
• Go to the SAIG Enrollment Web site (https://fsawebenroll.ed.gov) and click the “Primary Destination Point Administrator Access” link.
• Once logged in you may “Validate Your Organization’s SAIG Mailboxes” by clicking the link and entering your institution’s Primary TG number.
• Then simply validate or delete the services you want associated with your TG.
• Then repeat this for each remaining TG number.
• Once all of the TG numbers have been removed from the list you’re done. Simple.
• The process for confirming or removing old users is easy too.
• To validate or delete electronic service users, click the “Manage Electronic Services” link and enter the TG number that is currently enrolled to send and receive CPS batch services for your organization.
• Next select “Validate Existing Users” to get a list of employees at your institution who are enrolled for FAA online access.
• Click either Validate or Delete. *Remember, you should delete old users’ access.
For more information check out the latest Electronic Announcement from Federal Student Aid here.